About the Course
This two year accelerated degree allows you to think like an environmentalist, studying a broad range of environmental issues. This includes the impacts of climate change, pollution and air quality.
Please note that while we make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to education, additional fees may be payable where this is not possible. For example, to provide additional support due to a disability. Please contact us if you believe you have any additional needs so that we can discuss your options before enrolling on a course.
What modules are covered?
- Academic Skills
- Contemporary Issues
- Environment and Sustainability
- Environmental History
- Planet Earth
- Ecology and Ecosystem
- Research Methods
- Global Environmental Issues
- Atmosphere and Global Climate Change
- Urban Ecosystem
- Global Water Resources
- Environmental Pollution and Public Health
- Geographic Information Systems and Environmental Management
- Research and Data Analysis
- Field Work in Environmental Sciences
- Work Placement
- Environmental Dissertation
- Remote Sensing in Environmental Management
- Environmental Politics and Policy
- Biodiversity: Conservation and Management
- Global Environmental Movement: Past and Present
- Green Future: Towards Sustainability
On completion of this course, students can become members of the CIEEM, subject to the programme validation and approval. Progression routes could also include studying a Masters in areas such as:
- Corporate Environmental Management
- MSc Environmental Strategy
- MSc Sustainable Development
What is the entry process?
You can apply for this higher education course in the following ways:
- Via the UCAS website. Visit www.ucas.com and browse the courses available under 'University Centre Farnborough'.
- Directly to University Centre Farnborough via the button on this webpage. Applications take around 15 minutes and are free of charge. You can apply to us direct at any time in the year (including after the UCAS deadline). Applications of this type are separate to the UCAS system, which means you could also apply for more than the five universities that UCAS allows.
UCAS Code - BES1
Institution Code - F66
What previous qualifications and experience will I need?
- 72 UCAS points from relevant subject(s)
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma, with suitable grades
- As a mature students who has relevant evidence of work experience and/or relevant recent study following a successful interview
Students are not required to have studied Environmental studies before but they must have an appropriate Level 3 qualification which meets the entry requirements.
Ask a Question
Please contact us through the form below. After submitting a form we will contact you as soon as possible. We will delete your information one month after the beginning of the next academic year.